sMS-200 mod + tX-USBultra
Take the opportunity to customize your system and upgrade a sMS-200 unit that includes the tX-USBultra. The sMS-200 plus tX-USBultra combo provides an even better SQ.
How it works
The tX-USBultra can be modified for the sMS-200. The tX-USBultra uses one point output of the sCLK-EX (clock). Three point outputs of the sCLK-EX can be used for other digital devices, meaning that two are used to connect to the sMS-200. This leaves one point available, which can be used for the Ethernet switch. The connection is with SMB connectors.
1. Purchase – for those who don’t already own a sMS-200, you can purchase a combo sMS-200 (modified) plus a tX-USBultra. Please indicate if you would like standard 6.5-9V or 12V in the notes section of your order.
2. Upgrade your existing sMS-200 – send us your sMS-200 and we will modify the unit by using the available points of the sCLK-EX in the tX-USBultra. Please contact us if you would like this option. Please indicate if you would like standard 6.5-9V or 12V in the notes section of your order.
3. You also have the option of including an Ethernet switch modification (D-Link 5 Port Gigabit DGS-105 shipped by us to South Korea for modification) with any of the choices listed above. The switch is included.
What is the switch modification?
- Enable one point (clock)
- Replacing 2 x regulators in the Ethernet switch
- Replacing the capacitors in the Ethernet switch
- Add SMB connection (coaxial RF connectors)
If you are looking for a perfect solution to increase the performance of your USB audio devices or upgrade your listening experience with your current computer-based system, the tX-USBultra is your answer.
The tX-USBultra is one of SOtM’s Ultra Series products and is designed to work with any high end USB audio device. It is a perfect companion for any DAC and the highly-regarded sMS-200 network player.
Connecting your system to a raw USB port coming directly from the main board will negatively affect the sound quality of your music, introducing unexpected sound ‘jitters’ and reducing the quality of your sound. Using their years of audio experience, SOtM has developed the tX-USBultra to become an essential system addition for computer-based audiophiles.
The tX-USBUltra is a USB audio signal regenerator – a combination of the tX-USBhubIN USB audio card and the newly upgraded sCLK-EX clock board – in a compact and specially-designed case. The clock is one of the most important factors that determines the sound quality your digital devices, and the inclusion of the clock in this unit will improve your entire system.
The tX-USBultra greatly enhances the sound quality from any server-side USB port to USB DACs by reducing the ‘jitter’ from your audio host device and presenting the analog elements as natural and dynamic. The mid-low range sounds become more detailed, with a better depth of sound that doesn’t get dragged down. The very low range is also further defined and natural, giving an overall solid performance to your listening experience.
Very easy to install; then just sit back and listen to the huge improvement to your music!
USB audio signal regenerated by sCLK-EX
- Custom designed ultra low phase noise oscillation circuit
- Isolated differential clock signal circuit
- Wide operating voltage input range
- Ultra low noise regulator circuit
- Optional 10MHz master clock input
2 ports USB hub
USB port power ON/OFF switch
USB host interface
Type B USB connector
USB output Ports
Type A USB 2.0 connector x 2
USB power on/off switch
USB interface chip set
USB 2.0 Compliant HUB controller
HS(480 Mbps), FS(12 Mbps), LS(1.5 Mbps) support
Internal reference clock
External master clock input : Optional
Input frequency : 10MHz
Isolated clock input
50Ω BNC connector x 1
Power regulation circuit
Custom designed ultra low noise regulator circuit x 5
Standard ultra low noise regulator circuit x 1
Active noise canceler circuit
External power input
Input voltage : +6.5V ~ +9Vdc(Optional 12.0Vdc)
Input current : 2A max
5.5mm OD, 2.1mm ID adaptor jack
USB port output power
Output voltage : +5.0V(+0.5V, -0.25V)
Over current protection : 0.8A at 20°C
Recommend output current : 0.5A >
Operating temperature : +10 ~ +30℃
Storage temperature : 0 ~ +40℃
Operating & storage humidity : 10% ~ 90%