"Silent Angel" Rhein Z1 Roon Music Server
Focus on extracting and purifying the essence of your music
Custom Built Motherboard for Audio
Ultra Low CPU Power Consumption
Fully Customized Power Board
High Quality Chassis made of Aerospace Industrial Grade Aluminum Alloy with CNC Processing
Patented Structure Design
High Permeability EMI Absorber
Silent Angel Select High Quality Cable and Wires
Power LED and Power Button Signal
Teflon-coated silver plated wires are suitable for the connection of electrical equipment and instrument lines under high temperature conditions and high voltage up to 600V. It features resistance to high temperature, aging, acid and alkali, moisture, water, oil, corrosion, and is flame retardant and other properties.
SATA Power Wires
Take a look at the photo of the wires above. In the ordinary copper wire at upper side: The copper wire crystal is irregularly crystallized, and the conductivity is poor. As a result, it generates more electrical noise while power loading varies during system is accessing SSD.
The Rhein Z1 uses OFC copper wire as SATA power wires: The copper wire crystal is evenly distributed by the high temperature, hot casting, continuous casting method, and the current conduction is good and introduces less electrical noise while power loading varies during system is accessing SSD.
The server grade SATA cable is optimized to ensure the stability of the signal transmission. The irregular distribution of the SATA cable in the foam layer generates an irregular telecommunications magnetic field, which affects the signal transmission quality. It also uses durable SATA connectors at both ends to ensure the best connectivity quality.
The special designed exclusive audio SSD features fast access speed, low power consumption, good anti-noise, and stronger anti-interference. It effectively ensures the stability of the output signal, better output data stability, introduces totally different listening enjoyment and experience for you, and brings more fidelity to music.
Built-in Exclusive Audio SSD
Efficient VitOS Operating System
The Rhein Z1 features a VitOS operating system designed for music servers that focuses on streaming services. VitOS improves machine efficiency, performance stability and network latency issues.
VitOS Block Diagram
VitOS: An operating system specially built for music server.
1. Dual Firmware: Prevent from being damaged while firmware upgrade.
2. Network accelator: Accelerated network processing
3. USB Audio Optimizer: Optimized USB Audio processing
4. Task Manager: High efficiency task management
5. Application Manager: Able to expand more and more application.
6. System Manager: Event-trigger design gets lowest system loading.
Mobile app for VitOS: VitOS Manager Features
1. Discover Rhein Z1 and adjust the network settings of Rhein Z1
2. Install and manage Roon Server in Rhein Z1.
3. Control the music importer, which imports music from the USB hard drive to the data disk in Rhein Z1 and view the music import details and result.
4. Update the firmware of Rhein Z1.
VitOS Music Server Performance Comparison
Test method: Play the same music track, captures network packets on Roon player and analyze the latency of response packets to and from Roon server. Then analyze the Roon server response packet latency and compare the result between different systems.
Lower latency implies better music server performance.
Format: FLAC 176.4 KHz / 24bits
Album：I Love You
Track duration: 4 minutes 40 seconds
File size: 138 MiB
Network packet capture software:
tcpdump version 4.9.2
libpcap version 1.9.0-PRE-GIT (with TPACKET_V3)
OpenSSL 1.1.1b 26 Feb 2019
Average Latency: VitOS average latency is the same as ROCK, and lower then Mac mini for 23.72%
Max. Latency: VitOS max. latency is lower then ROCK for 5.21 %, and lower then Mac mini for 8.65 %
Standard deviation of latency: VitOS is lower then ROCK for 7.69 %, and lower then Mac mini for 11.11 %
Variation of latency: VitOS is lower then ROCK for 14.29 %， and lower then Mac mini for 25 %
1. Specially designed operating system: VitOS
2. 250 GB Silent Angel Customized SSD for System Disk.1 TB Silent Angel Customized SSD for Data Disk (optional).
3. Up to 2 simultaneous zones for multi-room streaming applications.
4.High quality and thick aluminum alloy chassis.
5. Ultra low power consumption SSD and isolated power circuit design inside the SSD to ensure low electrical noise emission from SSD.
6. Low power consumption to reduce the electrical noise emission from CPU.
7. Customized Silent Angel Noise Absorber (SANA) inside.
8. High quality SATA cable for more stable SSD data transmission.
9. OFC (Oxygen-Free Copper) SATA power cable for better power feeding to SSD.
10.USB 2.0 and USB 3.0 ports for external storage expansion.
11.USB Audio port for USB DAC connection.
12.HDMI 2.0 port for AV receiver connection.
Color: black, silver; (requires other colors can be customized)
Data Disk: standard 250G SSD data disk, can be purchased with a 1TB SSD data disk
Power Inlet: 12V DC @ 3A max. (Spec. 5.5mm x 2.5mm, tip carries +12V)
Interface: USB Audio X 1; USB 3.0 X 1; USB 2.0 x 2; Gigabit Network X1 HDMI X 1 (service interface); power connector X 1
Size: 200x200x65 (mm)
DSD Support：Please noted that DAC supports DSD with "DSD Native" is required for you to play DSD music up to DSD256 smoothly. If your DAC supports DSD with "DoP" (DSD over PCM) mode, then the Rhein Z1 only support DSD music up to DSD64 (which means DSD128 or DSD256 is not supported in DoP mode).