HEGEL H390 INTEGRATED AMPLIFIER WITH DAC AND STREAMING - BLACK
Not only does it have a killer DAC, an ethernet connection provides network streaming with Roon and other third party apps.
The H390 is a REBEL by offering much of the performance of our Reference products, albeit at a lower price. A REBEL that in one integrated product offers the same as others do in two or three. A REBEL that provides world-class sound, jaw-dropping power and comes packed with convenient services. Nicknaming the H390 "Robin Hood" is a bit bold, you may think. After all, it isn't pocket money and we are not giving it away to the poor. But it is a rebellion against the established. It is a rebellion because it offers extraordinary resolution and musical quality, typically found only in the most esoteric products, but at a reasonable price. It is a rebellion against the establishment of "forcing" consumers into a user interface defined by the amplifier/streamer manufacturer. The H390 is very much at the tip of the spear in Hegel's pursuit of making mainstream sources sound their very best. Meaning the H390 is not just for the Audiophile. It is a product for the entire family to enjoy.
At the heart of the H390 is Hegel's patented SoundEngine 2 amplifier section. The SoundEngine 2, in many ways, works like a noise canceling headphone. A computer inside will sample what comes into the amplifier and compares it to what comes out. The computer subtracts the difference (distortion) and then add it into the music but in reverse phase. The result being that, without any time delay, the SoundEngine cancels out almost all errors made by the amplifier. Leaving you with the most musical and natural sound you ever have experienced. Then there is digital. If not using a turntable, you are probably using digital connections. Hegel designs both the analog and digital sections from, the ground up and in house. The digital section in the H390 is unique in that regardless of the signal type or input, the music signal remains unchanged and untampered with in the H390. We call it a "bit perfect" DA-Converter. This is digital in its purest form. For those interested in deep tech, we even design digital clocks that will follow the sampling frequency in the music and "down-clock" when receiving a low-resolution file. For the non-techie, the result is a far more natural and "analog" sound as well as an unbelievable soundstage and realism.
Finally, let's talk about connectivity. The H390 has Apple Airplay and UPnP streaming. We offer free updates with services like Spotify Connect, IP Control, Control4, and Roon. It supports most audio formats like DSD and MQA. All inputs are configurable for volume bypass, so you can integrate in a home theater or with a Bluesound or Sonos. Almost whatever you want, you can do it with the H390. The H390 is a complete product. Great care has been taken in every step of the design. From carefully selecting and matching components to using the best measurement equipment in the world, in combination with our own ears. Real people gave us input on how they would want to use a stereo system. You can connect virtually anything you like. We call it Robin Hood because it takes strengths from our reference products and offers at a lower price.Connectivity:
- The network connection of the H390 allows UPnP and DNLA music streaming of anything up to hi-res 24/192 FLAC and WAV files, as well as direct AirPlay streaming from Apple devices.
- The Hegel H390 provides two analogue inputs as well as both fixed and variable analogue outputs, the latter ideal for adding a subwoofer or two.
- A pair of balanced XLR inputs cater for higher quality sources.
- The digital section provides a USB, three optical, one coaxial, and one BNC inputs for connecting external digital sources such as a CD player, or media streamers from the likes of Roku or Apple TV, as well as Sky boxes or Bluray players. These digital inputs decode up to DSD64, with the BNC digital input decoding up to DSD256.
- AirPlay enabled Roon compatibility, Control4 compatible, AirPlay allows wireless streaming from Apple phones and tablets, and Spotify Connect Premium streaming gives you access to a vast amount of music old and new.
- The H390 DAC is able to decode MQA from any MQA source, giving hi-res playback from TIDAL Masters or MQA downloads.
- With a source such as an Innuos media server, the Hegel H390 can act as a Roon endpoint, bringing your network stored and streaming music together in one single control app, along with a wealth of artist and gig information.
- Control4 and IP control permits the H390 to be controlled via your network.
- Power output: 2 x 250 W into 8 Ω, Dual Mono
- Minimum load: 2 Ω
- Analog Inputs: 1 x balanced (XLR), 2 x unbalanced (RCA)
- Digital Outputs: 1 x coaxial (BNC)
- Digital Inputs: 1 x coaxial (BNC), 1 x coaxial (RCA), 3 x optical, 1 x USB, 1 x Network
- Line level Output: 1 x unbalanced fixed (RCA), 1 x unbalanced variable (RCA)
- MQA supported inputs: USB, BNC, Optical and Coaxial
- Frequency response: 5 Hz - 180 kHz
- Signal-to-noise ratio: More than 100 dB
- Crosstalk: Less than -100 dB
- Distortion: Less than 0.005% @ 50 W/8 Ω/1 kHz
- Intermodulation: Less than 0.01% (19 kHz + 20 kHz)
- Damping factor: More than 4000 (main power output stage)
- Dimensions incl feet: 14,5 cm x 43 cm x 44 cm (HxWxD), 20 kg unit weight
- Dimensions (US): 5.71" x 16.93" x 17.32" (HxWxD), 44 lbs unit weight
- Special features: Set Startup volume | Set max volume | Software upgradable | Configure all inputs as fixed level inputs | IP control